- Full time
- Madagascar, Nosy Komba Island
- $300 USD/month
- 1 month trial period
- 3 to 6 month contract
- Accommodation at our Turtle Cove Camp
- 3 Meals per day everyday
- Flight and travel expenses
- Visa/visa renewal costs
As a small organisation all must be flexible and prepared to get involved in all aspects of the company. There will be times when all staff will be requested to help with a certain project, and other times where responsibilities differ from the formal job description. In the main course of business however, jobs and tasks are as follows.
- Oversee MRCI’s Sea Turtle Monitoring Program, including but not limited to; monitoring turtle nests, carrying out active turtle swims and identifying potential tagging opportunities.
- Identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers
- To assist in the research, survey and reporting activities of the project as agreed with MRCI and its partners
- Assist in the management, training program and work schedule for volunteers for each project be successful in their positions, taking into account all safety, physical, logistic and financial considerations
- Assist in briefing, supervising and motivating volunteers to carry out the research work
- Ensure discipline and good behaviour is carried out throughout the project and volunteers.
- Promote the volunteer program to gain community support of the volunteer program and MRCI
- Ensure that information that is gathered is accurate.
- Ensure that information is gathered in an internationally accepted manner.
- Ensure that information it is timorously forwarded to our partners or relative parties as may be necessary.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with volunteers.
- Manage the project budget, requisition forms and keep a detail log of spending
- Write detailed weekly report for the turtle monitoring program
- Communicate with project staff with regards to project and volunteers updates regularly
- Compile and update field packs and training manuals for relevant projects and expeditions.
- Manage other turtle monitoring staff and interns
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of MRCI and the role and responsibilities of volunteers.
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures.
- Ensure that volunteers receive the appropriate level of supervision.
- Understand the risks associated with each volunteer position and take appropriate action to control the risks associated with the program.
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment.
- Have an active role in the regular update of social media pages.
- Ensure head office receive updated and regular film and / or photographic materials in order to promote and advertise MRCI products.
- Coordination and supervision of new arrival volunteer airport and hotel transfers where necessary.
Email your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you shortly!